PASRC CALL FOR POLICY PAPERS
The PASRC’s Policy Research subcommittee invites proposals for policy papers to be published in Mwendo: the Journal of the PASRC.
Scope: Typical areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Infrastructure financing in Africa
- Poverty, gender inequality and political economy in Africa
- Household saving, credit, and insurance.
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Energy issues
- Environmental health
- Natural and ecosystem services
- Sustainable development in Africa
- Institutional and government reform
- Governance, legislation and policy for sustainability
- Education reforms
- Sustainable food and nutrition security
- COVID response (or to similar shocks in general)
Aim: To review the scientific evidence in the area of expertise, in a format that is easily translatable by governments, and other decision makers into policy.
Format: The approximate length of the policy paper should be 5000 words. The paper should be accompanied by a policy brief of 500 to 1000 words.
Timeline: Abstracts will be accepted on a rolling basis. Authors will be expected to submit a first draft of their paper within three months of abstract acceptance. Following an anonymous review process, authors will be expected to complete the paper within a further three months.
Submission: Authors should in the first instance submit a summary or abstract of 150 to 200 words to the Policy Research subcommittee for review, by using this form. Before you begin, please make sure that you have:
- Your paper abstract, not exceeding 200 words and in pdf format.
- Up to five keywords that describe your paper.
- A cover letter (optional).