- Aug 18, 2021, 7:45 am – 2:05 pm
- Aug 19, 2021, 8:00 am – 1:05 pm
- Aug 20, 2021, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
The PASRC COVID 19 Conference will take place on August 18 and August 19 2021. It will be followed by the General Assembly of PASRC members on August 20 2021.
The conference will showcase researchers as well as policymakers who have been leading the way in COVID-19 research and response in Africa. Some broad questions that the conference seeks to address are:
- Can we characterize the extent and impact of COVID-19 on the African continent?
- What did we learn from the measures and policies that were enacted? What were the impacts of these policies?
- What prophylactic and therapeutic solutions are being pursued, or were pursued, on the African continent, and with how much success?
- How do we channel these learnings towards building a more resilient African continent?
The conference will have 10 sessions, 2 keynote addresses, 2 policy panels drawing from the 4 thematic groups of the Council: (1) Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, (2) Biomedical sciences, (3) Environmental Sciences and Agriculture, and (4) Social Sciences.
Please join us!
** Note: All times are in EDT.